Sunday, February 8, 2009

2010, US Protectionism and a very slutty Carmen

Well what a week!

This has been one of those weeks where my feet have hardly hit the tarmac.  I was fortunate enough to attend a good friends 2010 presentation that left me gasping for air - do you realize exactly HOW BIG the games next year are going to be?  I had no clue and am considering leaving Vancouver for the duration ... although I know that my curiosity will get the better of me and I'll end up staying just to see all the fun and games around the city.

Working with entrepreneurs and small businesses as I do, I feel a little shamefaced that I haven't clued in sooner.  Now I have, you'd be surprised how many e-mails I sent to clients and close friends all of whom can benefit directly from the games.

Then on Wednesday I received a mass e-mail from the MD of the Vancouver Board of Trade asking for comments to pass onto Minister Stockwell Day regarding the US's proposed protectionist stance.  Again another surprise as I was able to rattle off a reply in literally no time at all - I never realized I had such strong views on the matter.  The next post is a copy of the e-mail sent, feel free to let me know what you think!

And then finally I was treated by my husband (who also arranged a baby sitter!) when we went out Thursday night t0 see the Opera Carmen.  The Israeli woman who played Carmen played her in a delightfully slutty way and was just wonderful.  Made me want to take up singing again... although whether I'd ever be able to reach the dizzy heights of a pure and clear top A is doubtful.

All in all not a bad week as it was one in which I discovered more about myself and this amazing city which I call home.  

I'm now looking for ways to expand my business into 2010 - JV anyone?  Wish me luck.

Jules

No comments: